In This Episode
- Guest: Adam Houston, Earth and Atmospheric Science Professor at University Nebraska-Lincoln and Principal Investigator of the TORUS (Targeted Observation by Radars and UAS of Supercells) project
- Lightning Round: Weird Things Humans Search For
- Brady's Segment - A new segment to guess what happens next in a weather video
- Weather Trollbot 5000 - Our repurposed robot interprets the thoughts of our weather friends when trolled on social media
Dr. Adam Houston joined the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) faculty in 2006 and is currently a professor in the Earth and Atmospheric Sciences department and Principal Investigator of the TORUS Project. More than 50 scientists and students from four universities participate in the TORUS (Targeted Observation by Radars and UAS of Supercells) study, deploying a broad suite of cutting-edge instrumentation and drones into the US Great Plains during the 2019 and 2020 storm seasons. Dr. Houston received his Ph.D. from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and his B.S. from Texas A&M University.
Follow TORUS project on Social Media
Brady's Segment Links:
Submit your questions or comments about this show to firstname.lastname@example.org and we may read it on our next episode!
Next Episode records on July 9th at 9pmET/8pmCT. We'll be talking to Cheryl Nelson, Broadcast Meteorologist and Hurricane Preparedness Expert!
- Opening Music: Brett Epstein
- Closing Music: Gabe Cox
- Other Music: “Pecos Hank” Schyma from El Reno Blues