In This Episode
- Guest: Dr. Laura Myers, Social Scientist and specialist in storm preparedness and weather alert dissemination
- Lightning Round: Animal Minute To Win It
- Brady’s Storm School: Snow Ratios
- The team discusses Fake Weather News and Alternative Facts in social media before, during and after severe storms
- William Cole, Chief Meteorologist with Oklahoma Weather Tracker TV
- Weather Fools: We share the foolish things people do in bad weather situations
- Wx Resources: We provide some great weather sites, apps and equipment
- National Weather Podcast Month
- Our next guest
Oklahoma Weather Tracker TV is simulcasting our live and previous shows every Thursday night at 8pmCT. William Cole is the Creator and Chief Meteorologist.
Dr. Laura Myers, Director and Senior Research Scientist for the Center for Advanced Public Safety (CAPS) at The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.
Laura Myers is a social scientist who holds a doctorate in criminology from Florida State University. Her research, publication and training areas include disaster management and planning, and weather enterprise application research among others. Dr. Myers works with the National Weather Service providing social science research for severe weather warning improvement and risk communication projects.
Weather Fools Links
- Jen: People Falling Through Thin Ice
- Dina: TV Meteorologists Frustrations
- Phil: Cars Jamming Highway Under Overpass
- Dina: NOAA Historical Hurricane Track Mapping
- Phil: NWS Spotter Training Portal
- Brady: NWS Climate Prediction Center
Submit your questions or comments about this show to email@example.com and we may read it on our next episode!
March is National Weather Podcast Month. We are joined by 7 other weather podcasts in a month of great programming and co-host crossovers! Find the National Weather Podcast Month logo on our website for more information.
Next episode, our guest will be Extreme Storm Chaser, Reed Timmer and we’ll have a guest co-host from the Weather Junkies podcast, Dakota Smith.
Opening and Closing Music: Andrew Slotta