In This Episode
- Guest: Warren Madden, Hurricane Hunters Recon Coordinator
- Lightning Round: Worlds of Warcraft Hollywood Squares
- Titan U Minute with Chris Sanner: Lightning Photography
- The team discusses Hurricane Evacuations
- Brady’s Storm School (Series Finale): Causes of Wind
- Wx Resources: We provide some great weather sites, apps and equipment
- Weather Fools: We share the foolish things people do in bad weather situations
- Our next guest/show
Warren Madden, meteorologist in the Aerial Reconnaissance Coordination All Hurricanes (CARCAH) unit at NOAA’s National Hurricane Center
From 1993 to 1996, Warren was the weekend meteorologist at WHIO-TV in Dayton, OH, followed by ten years at The Weather Channel as an on-air meteorologist.
During his years in television, Madden remained in the U.S. Air Force Reserve and, in 1998, joined the Hurricane Hunters of the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron. He served as an Aerial Reconnaissance Weather Officer until his retirement as a lieutenant colonel in 2012, flying over 1000 hours including missions into Hurricanes Rita, Ivan, Wilma, Floyd, and Typhoon Megi.
Since 2014 Madden, has been located in Miami, where he tasks, coordinates, and quality-controls the missions in support of both the National Hurricane Center and Central Pacific Hurricane Center.
Madden received a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1985), a Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology from Penn State University(1991) and a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from Wright State University(1999). He was commissioned as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force through the Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) in 1985.
Sponsor: www.WeatherProShop.com of Severe Weather Center
Titan U Minute with Chris Sanner: www.TorndaoTitans.com
Weather Fools Links
- Phil: Hilton Head Receives First Hurricane Matthew Check
- Kim: Global Warming Underwear Meme
- Kim: Snowman Sunscreen
- Brady: Trump Looks at Eclipse with No Glasses
Submit your questions or comments about this show to firstname.lastname@example.org and we may read it on our next episode!
Next episode (35), our guest will be Meteorologist and Creator of Oklahoma Weather Tracker TV, William Cole.
Opening and Closing Music: Andrew Slotta