In This Episode
- Guest: Doug Hilderbrand, NWS Weather-Ready Nation Preparedness and Resilience Lead
- Tracker Chat from the Tornado Trackers
- Lightning Round: Name That Philadelphia Icon
- #WeatherFools - We present the fools doing stupid things in weather situations
- Potty Mouth Forecast - We scoured the Dark Web to find the discarded weather forecasts of popular TV meteorologists
Check out our NEW Patreon page for exciting ways to support our podcast and interact with us more! www.patreon.com/stormfrontfreaks
Doug Hilderbrand is the Weather-Ready Nation Preparedness and Resilience lead at the National Weather Service Headquarters. He has been at the National Weather Service for 18 years, starting at the Weather Prediction Center and also a 2-year stint as the NOAA Policy Adviser for weather and satellites. He has a Bachelors Degree from Bucknell University, a masters in geology from University of South Florida, and a masters in meteorology from North Carolina State University.
Follow Doug and Weather-Ready Nation on Social Media:
- Twitter: @dcweatherbrand
- Twitter: @WRNAmbassadors
Tornado Trackers can be found on YouTube at YouTube.com/TornadoTrackers
Get Storm Front Freaks Podcast Merch at Helicity.co/collections/storm-front-freaks
- Phil-Video from Twitter of French Hikers Near a Tornado
- Brady-Couple Starts Massive California Fire with Gender Reveal Party
- Dina-Video of Supposed Irish Meteorologist Using the F-Bomb
- MJ-Listener Tim Bolland Sends Twitter Video of Jeep Doing Donuts in Flood
- MJ-Listener JayIsPainting Sends Twitter Photo of Psychic Truck In Flood
Submit your questions or comments about this show to firstname.lastname@example.org and we may read it on our next episode!
Next Episode records on October 15th at 9pmET/8pmCT. We get to chat "Twister the movie" with meteorology graduates Joe and Kelly Mays, creators of the Minute by Minute Twister Podcast!
- Opening Music: Brett Epstein
- Closing Music: Gabe Cox
- Other Music: “Pecos Hank” Schyma from El Reno Blues