In This Episode
- Guest: Tom Niziol, Winter Weather Expert, The Weather Channel
- Lightning Round: Muppet or Not a Muppet
- The team discusses the challenges of forecasting and broadcasting winter storm snowfall amounts
- Weather Fools: We share what some people are doing in severe weather situations
- WxResources: We provide some great sites, apps and equipment
- Listener Questions and Comments
Storm Front Freaks RAW – Unedited video of our podcast shows with all the behind the scenes footage during our breaks (PG-13 for possible language)
Tom Niziol, Winter Weather Expert, The Weather Channel
Tom knows winter weather! That’s why he’s our winter weather expert. A 30-year forecasting veteran, Tom joined The Weather Channel after working as the meteorologist-in-charge at the National Weather Service in Buffalo, NY. While in Buffalo, he also directed research and science operations working with partners like Emergency Management and other local and national government agencies. Before that, Tom was an associate atmosphere scientist at Calspan Corporation in Buffalo, NY where he conducted scientific research from field studies through contract publications for atmospheric studies. Throughout his career, Niziol has authored several research papers and poster sessions on winter weather forecasting and has toured the country speaking at numerous meteorological conferences.
Snowflake Photos Webpage: www.buffaloflakes.com
Winter Storm Forecasting of Snowfall Amounts
“Here’s What 5 Forecasters Are Saying About The Expected Weekend Storm” by Len Melisurgo at NJ.com
Weather Fools Links
Submit your questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org and we may read it on our next episode!
Opening and Closing Music: Andrew Slotta