Sunday Dec 25, 2022
Sunday Dec 25, 2022
In This Episode
- Tropical Storm Training Series Part 3: Documenting a Hurricane
- Brought to you by the Drive Weather app
- Guests: Gabe Cox and Max Olson-Storm Chasers and Filmmakers
- Partnered with WindStorm Products
- Storm Chaser Safety Tip - Best Parking Practices
- Lightning Round - Which of These Tropical Storms Does Not Belong
- Partnered with AMS Weather Band
- #weatherfools - We present the fools doing stupid things in weather situations
- Next Episode's Guest(s)
Presented by the Drive Weather app - See the weather forecast along your route. Visit driveweatherapp.com
Check out our Patreon page for exciting ways to support our podcast and interact with us more! www.patreon.com/stormfrontfreaks
Gabe Cox is the co-founder of Tornado Trackers, a storm chasing team dedicated to filming nature’s wildest moments cinematically. Their footage has been used in a variety of TV and film media including the Netflix original series Earthstorm. Gabe has also worked closely with state agencies to provide hurricane training videos for emergency management.
Max Olson is a storm chaser and videographer capturing stories via traditional methods as well as remote camera probes that he turns into short form documentary style videos. His work has been featured on The Weather Channel, Discovery Channel, NatGeo, PBS and Netflix.
Thanks to WindStorm Products. The largest online supplier of hurricane hardware. Visit WindStormProducts.com
For more storm chaser/spotter safety tips, visit the weather.gov ACES Weather Spotter Safety Program
Thanks to AMS Weather Band. Now weather enthusiasts can join meteorologists and weather professionals. Visit AMSWeatherBand.org
- Brady - Skiing down the steps in Estonia
- Greg - "Arctic Express"
- Greg - Stepping outside the truck to watch tornado
- Greg - Traffic in Texas tornado
- Dina - Driveway ice and high heels
- Dina - Pulled over for snow periscope driving
- Phil - Headlights of vehicle on road just missing tornado crossing
- Phil - Houston highway hydroplaning
- Phil - Hazzard lights in a snowbank
- Phil - Buffalo traffic snowed in
Submit your questions or comments about this show to email@example.com or on our social media accounts and we may read it on our next episode!
- Twitter: @stromfrontfreak
- Facebook: @stormfrontfreaks
- Instagram: @stormfrontfreaks
- YouTube "RAW": YouTube.com/stormfrontfreaks
Next recording will be a BONUS episode with atmospheric scientist and storm photographer Jeremy Bower who will count down his TOP 10 video episodes of Storm Front Freaks RAW on Thursday 12/29 at 9pmET/8pmCT. Become a member of our patreon.com/stormfrontfreaks to tune in LIVE and watch the RAW recording. Look for the audio podcast on your favorite podcast player the following Sunday. Then we return with Episode 174 on January 5th with first-time guest and tropical storm expert, Philip Klotzbach.
- Opening Music: Brett Epstein
- Closing Music: Gabe Cox
- Other Music: “Pecos Hank” Schyma from El Reno Blues