In This Episode
- Guest: Ross Ellet, TV Meteorologist and Storm Photographer
- Lightning Round: Match Game-Storm Front Freaks Style
- Brady’s Storm School: Lake Effect Snow
- The team discusses options for cutting into programming for severe weather alerts
- Weather Fools: We share the foolish things people do in bad weather situations
- Wx Resources: We provide some great weather sites, apps and equipment
- Oklahoma Weather Tracker TV – They will be simulcasting our live shows and syndicating our previous ones every Thursday night beginning February 9th at 9pmET/8pmCT. You can find Oklahoma Weather Tracker TV on their website, iPhone and Android App, and on Apple TV and Roku!
- Storm Front Freaks RAW LIVE! – Join us live as we record the show and interact with us via the chat window. We will answer your questions and respond to your comments during the show! Our bi-weekly show will record at a new time of 9pmET/8pmCT. Next show will be February 9th with Tornado Titans co-founder, Chris Sanner!
Ross Ellet, Toledo TV Meteorologist at 13ABC and Storm/Aurora Photographer
October of 2005, I got my first chance to be on air. Along with working weekends I also did some storm chasing for the station during the week all while finishing up my degree at Purdue. In early June of 2007 I accepted a Morning Meteorologist position at WOAY in Oak Hill, West Virginia. Just 3 months later I became one the youngest Chief Meteorologists in the country after I was promoted. A short time later I was awarded the Certified Broadcast Meteorologist (CBM) designation from the American Meteorology Society. In November of 2008 I started a new adventure in tornado alley. I accepted a Weekend Meteorologist position at KHBS/KHOG (40/29 in Fort Smith/Rogers, AR). I enjoyed my time in Arkansas in front and away from the camera, but it is was time to get back to my roots in the Midwest. I joined the 13ABC Weather Team in Toledo Ohio during the summer of 2012 and love the forecasting challenges of the Great Lakes
Weather Fools Links
- Dina: College of DuPage Forecast Model Page
- Phil: El Reno Tornado Survey Videos
- Kim: CIMSS Tropical Cyclones Satellite Page
Submit your questions or comments about this show to firstname.lastname@example.org and we may read it on our next episode!
Opening and Closing Music: Andrew Slotta