In This Episode
- Guest: Rick Smith, Warning Coordination Meteorologist, NWS-Norman, OK
- Lightning Round: Elvis Hi or Lo
- Titan U Minute with Chris Sanner: Wind Shear Vectors
- The team discusses the relationship between the National Weather Service and Storm Chasers
- Wx Resources: We provide some great weather sites, apps and equipment
- Weather Fools: We share the foolish things people do in bad weather situations
- Listener/Viewer Comments and Questions
- Who will be our next guest?
Rick Smith, Warning Coordinator Meteorologist, NWS-Norman, OK
I’m one of the few and the proud to receive a degree from the very short-lived meteorology program at the University of Memphis. While finishing up college, I worked as a Student Volunteer, and then got a paid student position and eventually a full time meteorologist intern position at my hometown NWS office in Memphis. In 1997, I moved to Tulsa, OK to be a forecaster, and moved again in 1999 to work in the NWS Southern Region headquarters in Fort Worth. I was selected to be the Warning Coordination Meteorologist at NWS Norman – my dream job – in January of 2002, and I’ve been here ever since. Co-host on the Weather Brains Podcast.
Sponsor: Storm Front Freaks Podcast Store
Titan U Minute with Chris Sanner: www.TorndaoTitans.com
- Brady: Mike's Tropical Web Page
- Kim: Nationwide Fall Foilage
- Chris: Tropical Tidbits
- Chris: Smokey Mountains Fall Foilage
Weather Fools Links
- Phil: Mexico Fishnado
Submit your questions or comments about this show to firstname.lastname@example.org and we may read it on our next episode!
Next episode (38), our guest will be The Weather Channel’s AMHQ and Weather Underground Weather Producer, Kathryn Prociv.
Opening and Closing Music: Andrew Slotta